Student finds chicken foetus in an egg while preparing meal
Student Charlotte Sweenie was all geared up for a cracking meal when she bought a box of eggs. But the University of Nottingham got more than she bargained for when she smashed six shells preparing scrambled eggs. When she cracked one into the pan she was met with the shock sight of a chicken FOETUS.
The tiny deceased clucker was in one of the 15 eggs Charlotte, a modern languages student, had bought from the Tesco store in Beeston for £1.25. The teenager was not happy when she saw it fall into the pan.
Charlotte, 19, told The Tab: “I saw something in it and my friend joked saying ‘urgh it’s a foetus!’. Then we spooned it out and it actually was. My vegetarian flatmate was traumatized.”
The tiny animal had started to take shape and Charlotte added: “The legs were hard, so it’s a good job I didn’t eat it.” Tesco said the customer should contact customer service or return the eggs to the store.
A spokesperson for Tesco said: “We set ourselves the highest standards for the quality of our food and if a customer has an issue it’s extremely important to us that we can investigate and resolve the issue for them. “We would therefore ask for the customer to please contact our customer service team or return the product to a store.”